AMEX Canada Business Platinum 75,000 Bonus Points Is Back
Today American Express increased the signup bonus on its Canadian Business Platinum charge card to 75,000 points. This bonus level is consistent with pre-pandemic level. Previously, American Express had lowered it sign up bonus to 45,000 bonus points back in May due to COVID-19.
What is the valuation of 75,000 AMEX Membership Rewards points? To answer this, simply multiply it by the 2 cents per point (USD) valuation by The Points Guy, which comes out to $1,500 USD. Converted to Canadian Dollars using today’s exchange rate, you’ll see that 75,000 points are worth exactly $2,000 CAD!
If you sign up for the card without a referral, you only get 50,000 points after charging $7,000 in purchases to your Biz Plat in first three months.
In order to get 25k points more, for a total of 75,000 points in signup bonus (same as above: after charging $7,000 in purchases in first 3 months), you must to use a referral link. If you want to use my referral, please click below (and thank you!):
- $499 CAD annual fee
- Earn 1.25 Membership Rewards points for every $1 CAD in purchases
- This is my personal favorite: Access to American Express Centurion Lounges at airports in these cities (currently closed due to COVID but reopening begins next month):
- Charlotte (CLT)
- Dallas (DFW)
- Hong Kong (HKG)
- Houston (IAH)
- Las Vegas (LAS)
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- New York-Laguardia (LGA)
- Miami (MIA)
- Philadelphia (PHL)
- Phoenix (PHX)
- Seattle (SEA)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- Opening soon: Denver and New York (JFK)
- Access to Delta Sky Club when traveling on a same-day Delta ticket
- Access to the Priority Pass Lounges
- Access to Plaza Premium Lounges
- Access to International American Express Lounges
- Access to Escape Lounges
- Access to Air Space Lounges
- Extensive travel insurance – such as 15 days emergency medical coverage even if you did not use your Biz Plat to book your travel!
Is the Annual Fee Worth it?
If you travel enough, the benefits of this card more than justifies the hefty annual fee in forms of lounge access (free food) and one of the best travel insurance attached to a credit or charge card in Canada. And of course, if you value your 7k signup bonus points at $2,000 CAD, that means you get your first year annual fee back, and then some.
Once again, if you want to receive the full 75,000 points signup bonus, you must use a referral link. If you don’t have a referral, please feel free to use my referral link!