Free In-flight Wifi on American Airlines flights Loophole with Screenshots
Last Updated on
Did you know you can get free Wifi easily on American Airlines flights? While this loophole/hack has been around for a while, I find it a bit surprising that it has not been patched.
This is the step-by-step instruction as shown on an iPhone:
- Connect to the plane’s Gogo In-flight wifi
- Delete Gogo app if you have it installed
- Open up safari, deactivate private mode if enabled, and go to any site that isn’t Google
- Scroll down and click on entertainment
- Choose any movie
- Click “Play Video”
- Click “Download now” under “No, I need to download” when asked if you have the an app to play the video
- Enter captcha and you will be asked to open a page in App Store. Hit cancel
- Open a new tab in Safari while leaving the Gogo tab open, and you will have Wifi for roughly 15 minutes
- When your wifi is no longer working, simply repeat steps 3-9
Screenshots showing the flow:
FYI, this also works on Delta flights as they are also equipped with Gogo Wifi. Same steps, different screen layouts.