Save 33% on Etihad First Class Residence and Apartments
Last Updated on
Etihad has been making the rounds on the news, starting with their new partnership with Aeroplan last week.
The airline just started a sale on their travel vouchers. The deal is 50% bonus on your voucher value, which effectively makes it a 33% discount on flight bookings. The deal starts today and lasts 2 weeks.
Is it a good deal? Let’s take quick look.
Link to the deal:
The terms and conditions are:
- Bonus credit applicable to all Etihad Travel Vouchers purchased between 10 – 24 June 2020
- This offer can only be purchased through our Contact Center
- You must be an Etihad Guest member to be eligible
- Valid for a period of two years, for travel from 1 August 2020
- Minimum voucher value US $250
- Maximum voucher value US $65,000
- Vouchers are non-refundable and non-transferable
Is it worth it?
The 2 year validity is what the issue comes down to. With COVID-19 ongoing, it’s hard to say at this point. Of course, if you are a frequent Etihad flyer, and will be able to use your voucher within 2 years, then this is a no brainer. On the other hand, if you are unsure of your plans and waiting to see what will happen with the virus. Well, no one can say for certain when international travel will return to normal. It seems we are now entering the 2nd wave of the pandemic in the US now. So, if you are a speculative buyer, you are taking on the risk that Etihad may not extend the validity of the voucher even if international travel may not be normal in 2 years.
You have some thinking to do if you want to enjoy that first class Residence on Etihad for a cool 33% off (Tickets can be easily worth $20,000). In the mean time here is the IATA travel regulation map.